Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Few Of My Favorite Things: June/July

my favorite things




So a few of my favorite things for June/July have been:

1. Helmlock Grove:
A totally outrageous and ridiculous show just added to Netflix (since it is a Netflix Original)
Even though the story keeps growing weirder and weirder, I can't help but be intrigued.
I am constantly grossed out by the array of grotesque imagery, but I also loved it!
Either way, if you are into wacko sci-fi, its worth checking out

2. Kat Von D Ladybird Palette
What can I say? I wanted it so badly because well, the colors freaking gorgeous
AND the shadows are all matte. Right now my favorite thing is to add some burnt orange (the color Cleopatra from the palette) to spice up my regular old brown eyeshadow look.
Super fun for a warm summer look. 

3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children:
I suppose I hopped on this bandwagon late, but that's usually the case with me.
I have been eyeing this book for awhile (especially since I personally know the original Millard) but didn't pick it up until just now. Its summer and thats when I get into reading mode.
So every night now, I read aloud to my husband and we have been loving it.
The story is terribly intriguing, the writing style is appealing and easy to follow, and its creepy! (my favorite)
We are only half way through, but so far Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
 has been the perfect summer nights read.

4. Whole Foods Market Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies:
I know, totally random! I am not vegan. My boss is and he got these cookies one day.
I brought some home to my husband and of course now we are addicted.
Something about the veganess of the cookies makes them so chewy and 
uh scrumptioudoodle.

5. Eos Mint Lip Balm:
Being a victim of major chapped lips, I am in constant need of good lip balm.
Especially now for summer, this EOS chapstick (or rather chap-ball…I mean its not really a stick is it?) in mint is so soothing, cooling, and hydrating. LOVE it!

6. The Balm Mary Lou Manizer:
I am 99% sure that most of you have heard and/or have seen this item buzzing about 
the makeup junky world. The rumors are true! I must say, I brush a wee bit of this on my
face and Im a freaking summer mermaid disco ball. Which I like in summer time.

7. NYX Cosmetics Cream Blush in Boho Chic:
Ulta was having a bitchin' sale one day; 40% all NYX products! 
So of course I went and snagged a few things. Of those being a beautiful cream blush.
A: the color is beautiful 
B: it stays forever even though my face feels like its sweating off
& C: it was so cheap!
Thats all.
No, but honestly its a fantastic, long lasting blush that is extremely affordable even
when its not on sale.

8. Lorac Pro Palette 2:
Just picked up this bad boy and I have been LOVING it.
Still a newbie at all things makeup, I have been trying to widen my eyeshadow color range.
Until now I pretty much had um…brown, darker brown, shiny brown etc etc.
This palette is so much fun for creating "non-scary color" eye looks. 
Beautiful, intense colors. The shadows feel smooth and creamy. Yes, its a splurge, but its a gorgeous palette and I have no regrets!

9. Witches of East End:
Another favorite show right now. It was just added to Netflix (can ya tell Im a fan of the Netflix?) Again, I love that sci-fi, fantasy crap. Its just the best.
Witches of East End is about…witches yes and their trials as a family and as powerful woman. I guess to best describe it: a majorly updated version of Charmed with a hint of Vampire Diaries excitement. The characters are immediately lovable and intriguing. The story line is the usually Good VS Evil, but with various twists and turns in each episode.
I watched the whole season in 2 days. grr!



xoxo,


Hemlock Grove & Witches of East End on Netflix

For more info on the shows and a more detailed description:


Kat Von D Ladybird Palette @ Sephora

EOS, NYX blush, Lorac Pro Palette 2 @ Ulta

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children @ Walmart

Mary Lou Manizer @ The Balm

Cookies at the one and only Whole Foods Market











No comments:

Post a Comment