Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

14 Childhood Books That Rocked My World





Do you remember that wonderful time when the Book Fair would come to school? Remember the special time when you and your classmates would gather around on the "special" rug in criss cross apple sauce fashion for Reading Time? Or maybe when you finally got your own shiny Library card and got to pick all the books you wanted?

Well I do! Some of my fondest childhood moments were spent discovering new books. Stories about all sorts of thing from colors to evil dummies. From facts about poop to a little boy with a really really really long name.

Here are fourteen of my absolute favorite childhood books.

I hope to share them with my little creatures one day!

1. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess, infamous still today I'm sure, is just one of those staple childhood books. 

2. The Gas We Pass, very educational!

3. The Rainbow Fish, taught me my first lesson in sharing. Also it was beautiful to look at.

4. Charlotte's Web, is probably my first "big kid-chapter" book. I remember absolutely loving the story. 

5. Frog and Toad Are Friends, one of those books I know that I love, but can't quite remember why. I think I loved these books because Frog and Toad were always moody and funny. Something about cookies? and swimming in the lake?

6. I SPY, just classic! 

7. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Perfection! I think Ive read this about 5 times and every time I discover something new. This book opened me up to the beauty of fantasy and magic. It was also the first time I'd read a book that actually affected me emotionally.
One of my all time favorites still today.

8. Everyone Poops, a more unusual childhood favorite and mostly likely not as popular as the others. But as a young impressionable mind this book was just so revealing and oh so entertaining. I now own two copies. And let me tell you, this is a tough book to get your hands on.

9. Tikki Tikki Tembo, sometimes I will be zoning out somewhere and suddenly start saying this fools name out loud. "Tikki Tikki Tembo No Saw Rembo Chary Bary….." Its very long, but it stuck with me. And I think the moral of the story was don't have a long name or you will get stuck in a well and no one will get you because they don't want to have to say your name over and over. Maybe. 

10. If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, my first lesson in don't give people things because then they will just want more. A great book though!

11. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Um Im not sure. Its just a classic.

12. Goosebumps, ugh! The magic of creepy, thriller books. I've read a whole crap ton front the Goosebumps series but Night of The Living Dummy was by far my favorite.

13. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, man the caterpillar ate everything! 2 pears, 4 ice cream sundaes, etc.

14. Where's Waldo?, what would my childhood have been like without constantly looking for Waldo?


What were your favorite childhood books?
Are any of these your favorites too?


xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment