Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

5 Beauty Things To Splurge On











Being a makeup newbie and by no means a makeup wizard, I'm still figuring it all out.
Im still discovering products and brands and figuring out what products are worth a chunk of change and what I can save some dough on. I personally think these five things were worth the splurge. 

These items of course aren't necessary! But when you like makeup a lot thats what you tell yourself.
Either way, it can be nice to own a few quality makeup items. Especially for a married young working middle class lady like myself. It makes me feel all growed up!

In all honesty you CAN get quality items from the drugstore and for descent prices too!
Yet, these 5 products have really wowed me and I think in this case spend the cash!

1. Fancy Blush: Benefits Coralista
Its absolutely beautiful, highly pigmented, and smooth. Thats one thing I have noticed about some cheaper blushes…they can be chalky and then fall right off my face. grr! Benefit's Coralista lasts all through my work day

2. Concealer that Works: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
It took me a longtime to figure out why my dark circles would never cover up. Finally I invested in a good concealer. And by good I mean it lasts all freaking day and actually covers up the face poop.

3. A Versatile Palette: Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette
This is the first Naked palette I purchased about 3/4 years ago and I swear it looks almost untouched. From that point on I really began to appreciate the quality & butteriness of UD eyeshadows. I now have the other Naked palettes and they are all so versatile and easy to use, but can seem pretty pricey. For the quality and the quantity of shadows in the palette its worth the splurge.

4. Luxurious Lipstick: MAC Lipstick
Whether its MAC, Urban Decay, YSL; Get at least one luxurious, fancy lipstick and call it a day. There is a difference for sure! Maybe you can find a color dupe, but a quality dupe is not so easy for higher end lipsticks. Plus I just feel like a ritzy lady when I whip out a sleek black tube and smear it all over my lips.

5. A Quality Blending Brush: MAC 217
Until recently I never even used brushes! I think I had one raggedy old brush for blush. Now I have educated myself about the purpose and usefulness of using good brushes for makeup application. Of course I have my Real Techniques brushes, but the one that kept popping up is the MAC 217.
It really does work! Its the best fluffy, soft blending brush.
A cheaper alternative, but still pricey for one brush in my book, is the Sigma E25


So get out there and spend your dough on makeup so I won't be alone!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment